1. All control of the parade is vested to the Parade Committee, which includes City of Temple Terrace staff who shall review
and approve all applications for appropriateness and completeness.
2. Parties wishing to participate in the Independence Day parade are required to submit an application. An entry fee of $50 is due
with the application submittal. Those applications that are denied participation shall have their fee refunded in full.
3. In order to have an application reviewed for approval, each application shall be accompanied with a signed waiver of
liability. The registration deadline is June 27. No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Entries shall not be allowed
the day of the parade.
4. The Independence Day Parade is a family-friendly event conducted to celebrate the United States of America independence,
the signing of the Declaration of Independence and to honor American patriots. The Parade is not a platform for political or
targeted special interest groups. All parade entries MUST represent and support the theme and spirit of this celebration using
appropriate decorations on persons and/or vehicles. Applications for entry are considered for approval by the committee
based on the “SHOW VALUE” to the overall theme and spirit of the event. The use of theme, artistic beauty, color, animation,
special effects, originality, ride or personnel and costumes and visual appeal all determine the acceptability of an entry. The
parade committee reserves the right to prohibit entry into the Parade to any applicant the does not meet these requirements.
Upon arriving at the staging area on the day of the event, those entries not conforming with the description provided in
the application will not be allowed to participate in the parade. By making application for entry, it is understood that the
decision of the Parade Committee is final.
5. Animal entries must have provisions for waste removal or will not be allowed to participate.
6. The parade committee shall assign each entry’s position in the parade. Participants should be at the staging area the
morning of the event no later than 9:30am. Late arrivals may lose their assigned position in the parade.
7. Entries shall not be taller than 13’6” from the ground and should be able to maneuver around sharp turns on the parade
route without difficulty.
8. No entry or organization will be permitted to participate in the parade without prior approval of the parade committee.
9. Elected officials desirous of participating in the parade should complete and submit an application but shall be exempt
from the application fee.
* indicates a required field