Join Our Team
- High school diploma or GED
- At least 19 years of age
- A citizen of the U.S.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor involving perjury or false statement
- Must not have received a dishonorable discharge from the U.S. Armed Forces
(For full list of State requirements please refer to F.S.S. 943.13)
- Current Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission Certification
- Completion and/or proof of enrollment of Florida Law Enforcement Academy, crossover training or comparative compliance course.
- Successful completion of the state exam.
The Temple Terrace Police Department also offers a variety of specialty units, including:
- Community Liaison Unit
- Criminal Investigations
- Crisis Response Team
- SWAT Team
- Canine Unit
- Marine Unit
- Special Enforcement Unit
- Training Instructor
- Traffic Fatality Investigator
Officers work 12-hour shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
For more information or for an application, call the Professional standards division at 813.506.6510 to speak with a recruiter.
Officer's / Supervisor's Wages
Selected applicants may be considered as full-time civilian employees of the City of Temple Terrace and will be paid an hourly wage and given full benefits while attending the academy
New hires having previous full time sworn law enforcement experience, accumulated within the four year period prior to hiring date may be eligible to start at a higher paygrade.
- Less than two years previous full time sworn law enforcement experience may start at the first step of their particular classification.
- Two years or more, but less than four years may start at the second step.
- Four years or more previous experience may start at a step three.
- You may buy up to five years of previous experience into our pension plan. Cost is dependent on several factors that are determined by the pension office.