Mayor's Youth Leadership Council
The Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council provides Temple Terrace area high school students in grades 9-12 with an opportunity to participate in civic, leadership and community service programs to develop leadership abilities and inspire a commitment to community service and lifelong civic responsibility.
- You will have opportunities to serve as a City Ambassador at various functions.
- You will learn through Leadership 101 quarterly development sessions focused on principles of leadership, interpersonal skill building, public speaking, business etiquette, etc.
- You will participate in a Community Service Impact Project – as a group, the Leadership Council will select volunteer opportunities within the community.
- You will have the opportunity to research and discuss issues of concern to members of the Youth Leadership Council
- You will promote action items to effect change.
- You will earn service hours that can be applied to scholarship applications.
- Current high school students in grades 9-12 who live in or are connected to the Temple Terrace community.
- Commit to one year of leadership service on the Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council.
- Possess a minimum 2.0 G.P.A.
- Possess a strong desire to impact our community and beyond for good.
- Possess a desire to learn more about City government.
- Available to meet at least once a month.
- Complete the application online at www.templeterrace.com or fill out a paper copy.
- Submit two references, which can include: community leaders, advisors, school faculty or principals, organizational leaders, coaches or club sponsors.
- Have your parent or guardian sign the application.
- Submit the application via email to Laurie Hayes (lhayes@TempleTerrace.com) or mail to: Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council Application, 11250 N. 56th Street, Temple Terrace, Florida 33617, Attention: Laurie Hayes.
Learn, Grow, Lead!
Are you ready to be Amazing?
- Application - Print Out & Write-in
(Mail according to instructions.)
- Application - Fillable PDF
(Email or Print & Mail according to instructions.)
- Reference Form - Print Out & Write-in
( Mail according to instructions. One form per reference.)
- Reference Form - Fillable PDF
(Email or Print & Mail according to instructions. One form per reference)
Fillable PDF forms must be downloaded prior to data entry. After downloading, use a PDF viewer/editor to complete the form.
Entering data from a web browser window may prevent the "Submit by Email" function from working properly.
Remember to SAVE a copy of your completed form before submitting.
- Application Period: This year's application period has ended. Next application period will be begin January 2019.
- Application Review & Applicant Interviews: March-April 2018
- Youth Leadership Council for 2018-2019 Announced: May 2018
- Program Kick Off: August 2018
- The program follows the school calendar (August through June, with a final July special event.)
For more information, please contact Laurie Hayes at 813.506.6406 or email email@example.com