Solid Waste Division
The City of Temple Terrace provides a variety of residential solid-waste services, with twice per week curbside service, once per week green bin recycling, and Wednesday yard debris recycling.
The city also offers a variety of commercial service options, with rates based on the desired type of service to accommodate the needs of all sizes of businesses.
All calls regarding residential curbside trash pickup should be directed to the Temple Terrace Public Works Department at 813.506.6570.
Twice-a-Week Residential Curbside Trash Pickup & Fees
Curbside trash pickup days vary throughout the city. Collected trash is delivered to the County's Resource Recovery Facility on Falkenburg Road. This waste-to-energy facility burns residential and commercial trash, and the heat is used to generate electricity - enough renewable energy to power 35,000 homes. More information about how waste-to-energy works can be found here.
The monthly fee for residential garbage service is $27.10.
The city provides one free annual pickup for hard-to-handle items and materials (restrictions below)
** . You may schedule a convenient pickup time by calling Public Works at 813.506.6570.
Additional special pickups are billed in 15 minute increments.
- $81.45 for non-yard waste debris
- $74.04 for yard-waste debris.
*Note: The following restrictions apply to all requests for a free annual pickup:
- Available only to the owner of a homesteaded property.
- Free annual pickups are not transferable between addresses.
- Only one free annual pickup, per address, per year.
- Free service may not be used to supplement work performed for commercial purposes; e.g. commercial tree services, contractor remodeling, investment renovations (house flipping), etc.
- Work subject to permitting, including trimming and removal of trees with a 12" DBH (diameter at breast height), is not eligible for free pickup.
- Pickup is available for commercial purposes and tree work (12" DBH and greater) at published rates. For more information, visit "Special Pickup Info".