Solid Waste Division
The City of Temple Terrace provides a variety of residential solid-waste services, with twice per week curbside service, once per week green bin recycling, and Wednesday yard debris recycling.
The city also offers a variety of commercial service options, with rates based on the desired type of service to accommodate the needs of all sizes of businesses.
Residential Curbside Trash Pickup & Fees
The city offers twice-a-week curbside pickup for residential customers. Pickup days vary throughout the city depending on your neighborhood.
The current fee for residential garbage service is $26.21 monthly.
The city also provides a free annual pickup for hard-to-handle items and materials, *restrictions apply.
You may schedule a convenient pickup time by calling Public Works at (813) 506-6570.
Additional special pickups are $78.77 for 15 minutes for non-yard waste debris and $71.61 per 15 minutes for yard-waste debris.
All calls regarding residential curbside trash pickup should be directed to the Temple Terrace Public Works Department at (813) 506-6570.
*Note: The following restrictions apply to all requests for a free annual pickup:
- Available only to the owner of a homesteaded property.
- Free annual pickups are not transferrable between addresses.
- Only one free annual pickup, per address, per year.
- Free service may not be used to supplement work performed for commercial purposes; e.g. commercial tree services, contractor remodeling, investment renovations (house flipping), etc.
- Work subject to permitting, including trimming and removal of trees with a 12" DBH (diameter at breast height), is not eligible for free pickup.
- Pickup is available for commercial purposes and tree work (12" DBH and greater) at published rates. For more information, visit "Special Pickup Info".
- For questions regarding eligibility for free pick, call 813-506-6570.