Customer Service & Utility Billing
Opening an Account
All applications for water connections, sanitary sewer, and/or solid waste service to any premises shall be made to the city in writing on forms provided for that purpose, and shall state fully all the purposes for which such water, sanitary sewer, and/or solid waste service is required and the location of the premises to be supplied, and shall be signed by the owner, tenant, or agent
- Owners/Agents - proof of ownership, photo ID, signed application, and deposit.
- Tenant - valid lease or letter of authorization from the legal owner, photo ID, signed application, deposit and a current Rental Housing Permit.
- Commercial accounts must have current Occupational License.
The Customer Service Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
A deposit is required upon application for new water, sanitary sewer, and/or solid waste service.
For more detailed information, see City Code Section 22.28 for the current residential rates.
For commercial deposits, see City Code Section 22.28.
- A 10% utility tax will be added to all water charges within the corporate limits of the city.
- Any charge levied on the volume of water consumption will be based on 1,000 gallons or fraction thereof, of water use.
- Single family residences where public potable water is not supplied will be charged a flat rate of $73.74 for wastewater sewer service.
- Wastewater charges will not apply to consumption on an irrigation meter at a single-family residence.
Application For Utility Services
All applications for water connections, sanitary sewer, and/or solid waste service to any premises shall be made to the City in writing on forms provided for that purpose, and shall state fully all the purposes for which such water, sanitary sewer, and/or solid waste service is required and the location of the premises to be supplied, and shall be signed by the owner, tenant, or agent. Such application when accepted by the City or upon its performance of the service applied for, shall constitute a contract between the applicant and the City, which shall bind such applicant to pay to the City for the services rendered, its prescribed rates therefore, and to comply with all rules and regulations as prescribed and fixed hereby or as hereafter adopted.
Anyone signing an application for service and requesting the bill to be sent to a different address for payment by another party does so at his own risk, as the City does not act as a collection agency for owner or agent, and takes no responsibility for collection of the account; and, should the account become delinquent, it will be charged to the contracting party and handled as any ordinary account.
- Application for Utility Services
- Direct Debit Authorization Form
- Irrigation Meter Application
- Letter of Authorization
- Roll-Off Application
CLOSING AN ACCOUNT
A customer for water, sanitary sewer, and solid waste service may terminate the contract for such service at any time by giving notice to the city and by paying all amounts due for services up to the date of termination of service by the city, but in case notice is not given or the bills due for service not paid, then the customer shall continue to be liable for service thereafter and for the minimum monthly rate or charge in case no water is consumed, even though the premises are vacated or occupied by other parties who fail to make application for service and sign a contract.
To close account: Submit an email or written request including date, account number, address and any forwarding address for the final bill or refund check. Verbal requests are not binding.
After a customer’s third "non-sufficient funds" check is returned to the City, only cash or money orders will be accepted for future payments.
Provided Service Charge
Initial turn-on fee $25.00
Meter check $25.00
Service restored for delinquency $25.00
Service restored after hours $40.00
Per trip charge $25.00
Note: Penalty charges are 1.5% of the outstanding past-due balance or $10.00, whichever is greater.