All Volunteers are subject to the same rules and regulations as Library employees. Volunteers
must be at least 16 years or older. Library policies include, but are not limited to the following.
1. Potential volunteers are to complete an application form provided by the library.
2. Per Library Policy, the library does not permit court-ordered service hours.
The dress code is business casual with close-toed shoes.
4. While on duty, volunteers are not allowed to use cell phones, ear buds or socialize with
5. A schedule will be decided for each person; all volunteers are expected to report to the
library on time.
6. In case of sickness or emergency, volunteers are expected to call in before their work shift
7. Since the general public does not distinguish between library employees and volunteers,
volunteers are expected to be polite and helpful to patrons at all times.
8. Attention to accuracy is very important. If a book is not in its proper place, it’s difficult to
find. If you are unsure about any item, please ask or leave it un-shelved.
9. If you are found to be in violation of any Library Policy, you will be given one warning. Any
further violation will result in immediate dismissal.
The City of Temple Terrace is a drug-free workplace.
Monday & Wednesday 10am-8pm
Tuesday & Thursday 12pm-8pm
Friday & Saturday 9am-6pm
* indicates a required field