Mayor's Youth Leadership Council
THE 2019-2020 COUNCIL
- Patrick Huston, a Senior at Jesuit High School
- Aaron Bradford, a Senior at King High School
- Caleb Colton, a Senior at Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High
- Kate Terry, a Junior at Seffner Christian Academy
- Ethan Fleming, a Senior at King High School
- Luke Purvis, a Sophomore at Cambridge Christian School
- Karsten McClard, a Junior at Middleton High School
- Julianna Chillura, a Junior at Tampa Catholic High School
- Noah Purvis, a Senior at Cambridge Christian School
- Silas Colton, a Sophomore at Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High
- Haley Terry, a Senior at Seffner Christian Academy
- Marine Gerlein, a Senior at Brooks DeBartolo Collegiate High
- Gabrielle Wiggins, a Senior at King High School
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Students from area high schools as well as homeschoolers who will be in grades 10 through 12 in the upcoming school year were encouraged to apply for the 2020-2021 class. All interested students submitted applications that included personal essays and references and were interviewed by the City of Temple Terrace Former Mayor Jurado and Marketing and Communications Officer Laurie Hayes.
In addition to these criteria, applicants were judged on coursework, grades and extracurricular activities. Mayor Jurado stressed that all of the candidates exhibited outstanding academic and leadership capabilities.
The Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council provides Temple Terrace area high school students in grades 10-12 with an opportunity to participate in civic, leadership and community service programs to develop leadership abilities and inspire a commitment to community service and lifelong civic responsibility.
The 2018-’19 class chose to establish a library at the new Sam and Laurice Hachem Temple Terrace Boys & Girls Club as their flagship project.
The Youth Council also produced a video highlighting the City that was entered into a competition sponsored by the Florida League of Cities.
- High school students entering grades 10-12 in the 2019-’20 school year who live in the Temple Terrace community.
- Commit to one year of leadership service on the Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council.
- Possess a minimum 2.5 W.G.P.A.
- Possess a strong desire to impact our community and beyond for good.
- Possess a desire to learn more about City government.
- Available to meet at least once a month.
GETTING STARTED (The Application window currently is on hold.)